August 9, 2007
- The Artifact Location was discovered by using the text found in StarImage4.jpg of Server 04. The header of the website reads: "Artifact Location"
- What the "Artifact" really is is unknown at this point.
- glyph (see right).
- The stars are randomly generated every time the page is loaded, and holds no meaning in and of itself.
- Following the same lead from Server 04 content, the image unknown.jpg was determined to be an astronomical photograph of the Boomerang Nebula
- Assuming this is the 'location of the artifact', if one enters boomerang as the password, the page content updates.
- Listed are 3 cities:
- New York
- Los Angeles
- Beside the cities are randomizes characters, which cycle endlessly.
- The numbers 081607 (16th August, 2007) appear between the city names and random characters.
- Later in the day, military times respective to each of the cities listed were added, which are theorized for the opening of Server 05.
- New York: 23:59
- Seattle: 21:00
- Los Angeles: 21:00
- (these times are assumed to be local times)
- After the time which was specified had passed (midnight EDT, 9pm PDT), numbers that appeared to be GPS coordinates replaced the random characters.
- The first set of coordinates led to a location in New York
- 40.75908, -73.98619
- The second set of coordinates led to a building within Seattle
- 47.61440, -12232059
- The third set of coordinates led to an intersection in Westwood, CA (northwest of Sacramento).
- 40.30609, -121.00434
- Shortly after the locations were determined, the coordinates listed by Los Angeles were corrected to:
- 34.05099, -118.43814 (Westwood Blvd, LA)
- After Server 05 had been fully unlocked, the coordinates listed by New York were also corrected, to:
- 40.75006, -73.99785 (more than 16 blocks away)