- Translates as "golden-winged" from Latin and Greek (chrusos/khrysos - golden, pteron - winged).
- Often used as a title or reference for the Greek goddess Iris; i.e., "Iris Chrysopteron" or "golden-winged Iris" in Homer's Hymn to Demeter.
- Wikipedia (en): Iris (the messenger of the gods, sometimes referenced or titled "chrysopteron.")
- Wikipedia (de): Iris (babelfish english)
- Answers.com: Iris (golden winged)
- theoi.com: Iris (latin spelling, poetic titles/epithets)
AdjutantReflex changed his avatar on the bungie.net forums to an image named chrysopteron.gif: