Revision as of 07:53, 29 June 2007 by Thebruce
Outline - Week 1, June 11 - 16, 2007
June 11, 2007
| 6/11/2007 - 10:26 AM PDT (direct link)
| 6/11/2007 - 10:47 AM PDT (direct link)
| 6/11/2007 - 10:50 AM PDT (direct link)
| 6/11/2007 - 10:59 AM PDT (direct link)
| 6/11/2007 - 11:06 AM PDT (direct link)
| 6/11/2007 - 11:13 AM PDT (direct link)
| 6/11/2007 - 11:28 AM PDT (direct link)
| 6/11/2007 - 11:42 AM PDT (direct link)
| 6/11/2007 - 11:48 AM PDT (direct link)
| 6/11/2007 - 12:23 PM PDT (direct link)
- That was the final entry in that thread. That same day, it opened another thread in the HBO forums (direct link)
| 6/11/07 - 2:16 PM
- Posted by: nhaze
- - Is this is the same AdjutantReflax that has hacked Bungie.net?
| 6/11/07 3:13 pm
- Posted by: galap
- - why did you come here? what purpose do we serve you?
| 6/11/07 3:50 pm
- Posted by: SP4RT4N 070
- - Adjutant Reflex what exactly are you?
- - PS: We last met on bungie forums, but i couldn't reply in your thread.
| 6/11/07 3:53 pm
- Posted by: reprobate
- - I'll tell you where the Sleeping Princess is.
| 6/11/07 4:17 pm
- Posted by: reprobate
- - She is in the dungeon with a demon folded in black clouds.
- - The Flea can help.
| 6/11/07 4:25 pm
June 12, 2007
- Another thread was opened on bungie.net called "Archive/Resource Estimate"
| 6/12/2007 - 11:00 AM PDT (direct link)
| 6/12/2007 - 11:03 AM PDT (direct link)
| 6/12/2007 - 11:12 AM PDT (direct link)
- Note: the coordinates point to Voi, a city west of Mombasa in the Southern part of Kenya
| 6/12/2007 - 11:45 AM PDT (direct link)
| 6/12/2007 - 12:10 PM PDT (direct link)
June 13, 2007
- The thread continues...
| 6/13/2007- 3:43 PM PDT (direct link)
| 6/13/2007- 9:45 PM PDT (direct link)
| 6/13/2007 - 9:56 PM PDT (direct link)
June 14, 2007
- The thread continues...
| 6/14/2007 - 8:13 AM PDT (direct link)
- Reports trickled in of an email that was sent out to various individuals (how they were selected is still being determined), shown below:
| HISTORY CIRCLING BACK UPON US
- (italics added) The italicized lines linked to halo3.com (the 'random' code attached to the links is a tracking tool, and likely insignificant)
- On the wall in the image is visible this glyph:
- Camperman determined that the setting of that picture is the Halo 2 map "Desolation" (screenshot), which is described as
"Once a scientific outpost, this derelict Forerunner facility waits patiently to be reactivated."
- Following the command "Look for the signs", 50401 noticed the appearance of a new symbol in the visor of Master Chief at Halo3.com:
- At approximately 2:49 PM PDT, AR updated his avatar image in the forum to match the discovered glyph, with a file named Chrysopteron.gif
- Note that "Chrysopteron" is a title or reference for Iris (in Greek mythology, the messenger of the gods). Chrysopteron translates to "golden-winged" from ancient greek; i.e. "Iris Chrysopteron" or "Iris, the golden-winged."
- As well as the mythological connection to Iris, it is also an asteroid in the main belt (note the number: 7)
- AR then began a new thread entitled Who?
| 06/14/2007 3:43 PM PDT (direct link)
| 6/14/2007 - 3:46 PM PDT (direct link)
- Late afternoon, halo3.com was updated showing 5 locked 'servers'
- crazyboy3 reported at bungie.net a new comic available at halo3.com/comic, from a Circuit City ad planned for release on the 17th, which pointed to the url. The comic itself includes a large, blatant image of the glyph:
- The final page of the comic also allows you to interact with the frames, revealing 4 sets of numbers:
- Treating the numbers as an IP address leads to 184.108.40.206 (link) - a website which includes a countdown pointing to 12:00AM, June 21 (midnight, wed-thu). Its discovery was early, however, because at the time, no content was available, but was activated quickly afterwards.
- jmh0972 did a search of the domain name registrant for the IP address. It was then discovered that Microsoft owned all sites beginning with 206.16.223, which led to finding 220.127.116.11 (both args.bungie.org and jhm0972 of CompoundIntelligence reported this discovery independently). Typing this IP address into a web browser led to an 'average' website for the Society of the Ancients - investigating unexplained mysteries of the past. The evidence page discusses mysterious symbols, and gives reference to our friendly glyph, and links to 18.104.22.168 "also containing the symbol".
- The domain was then discovered by irasel after coming across a myspace blog entry (link) referencing SOTA, as the domains www.societyoftheancients.com and www.sota.com.
- SOTA gives people the ability to fill in an application for membership, applying to the organization. At the time of discovery, the email mailto: link was blank/invalid. However, there's a link to an application PDF that can be filled out and sent.
- Upon sending in the application form to the indicated email DoYouGrok[splat]societyoftheancients.com, a failure message is sent right back -- at this point the email address has not yet been activated.
June 15, 2007
- Okin reported that during a live rally in Times Square, a flyer was handed out directing people to SOTA
- Jordan117 discovered a live webcam archive over the area of the rally. open the webcam, and view the archive for June 15th, between 12pm and 4pm.
- MTV Games scooped the SOTA rally in Times Square, posting an extensive blog with a video and numerous photos.
June 16, 2007
- At approx. midnight, the countdown text on 22.214.171.124 was updated for the third time.
- SOTA Rallies:
- What started in NYC has spread to other cities...
- e01379 received an email linking to the flickr account of keeper_of_flame, who has added 3 images from another SOTA rally in London, UK
- Reports have also surfaced of SOTA rallies in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Boston
- Shakespeare212 on the Bungie.net forums confirmed with personal photos that rallies/protests for SOTA are going on outside of Wrigley Field in Chicago.