Revision as of 05:32, 27 September 2007 by Thebruce
- "Mendicant" :
- adj. begging; practicing begging; living on alms.
- adj. pertaining to or characteristic of a beggar.
- n. a person who lives by begging; beggar.
- n. a member of any of several orders of friars that originally forbade ownership of property, subsisting mostly on alms.
- "Bias" :
- a particular tendency or inclination, esp. one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.
- a systematic as opposed to a random distortion of a statistic as a result of sampling procedure.
- a statistical sampling or testing error caused by systematically favoring some outcomes over others.