Halo: Reach extended experience and game mysteries
Note: This page may contain campaign spoilers. Proceed with caution!
- For other promotional campaign info see the Halo Reach hub
Halo: Reach Data Pads
When viewing a data pad, you'll hear what sounds like reversed audio playing the background. After reversal, the audio reveals a number of phrases being spoken by an entity. The phrases heard are played randomly.
Transcriptions, in a sensible order:
- welcome child
- breach identified
- role confirmed
- purge initiated
- corruption contained
- lineage confirmed
- protocols reinstated
Thanks to halo.bungie.org, the data pads are all available in a single readable PDF form.
- Download here: http://halo.bungie.org/misc/reach_data_pads.pdf
Data pads, all difficulties:
- Data pad 1 - on Winter Contingency
- Data pad 2 - on ONI: Sword Base
- Data pad 3 - on Nightfall
- Data pad 4 - on Tip of the Spear
- Data pad 5 - on Long Night of Solace
- Data pad 6 - on Exodus
- Data pad 7 - on New Alexandria
- Data pad 8 - on The Package
- Data pad 9 - on The Pillar of Autumn
Legendary data pads:
- Data pad 10 - on Winter Contingency
- Data pad 11 - on ONI: Sword Base
- Data pad 12 - on Nightfall
- Data pad 13 - on Tip of the Spear
- Data pad 14 - on Long Night of Solace
- Data pad 15 - on Exodus
- Data pad 16 - on New Alexandria
- Data pad 17 - on The Package
- Data pad 18 - on The Pillar of Autumn
- Data pad 19 - on Lone Wolf
Some text transcriptions from low-resolution images may not be accurate, so if you think you have a more accurate reading, please share.
- On the level The Package, there is a keypad entry panel just outside the bounds of the level after you find the tank. Proceed around the left side of the rocks into the water. Unlike decorative geometry, this panel does prompt to press X to activate. (source, haloreachplanet.com  )
- What does it activate?
- On the level Overlook, as discovered in the beta version, on the radio can be overheard a communications exchange between "Blue Delta" and "Dragon X-Ray". (listen:)
- Blue Delta, this is Dragon X-Ray, we are on the ground and three nights out from the objective, over.
- Dragon X-Ray, be advised that you are the only UNSC ground asset in that grid.
- Say again, Blue Delta. We've got movement due east. That should be Strike Red, over.
- That's a negative, Dragon X-Ray. I say again, be advised that you are the only UNSC asset in that area.
- Roger, Blue Delta. We're picking that movement again due east. You got something to soften it up?
- You got a location, Dragon X-Ray?
- Grid as follows. Whisky-Delta-15741712, over.
- I copy. Whisky-Delta-15741712
- That is correct. Request immediate support from any assets on station, over.
- Dragon X-Ray, it looks like all I've got available at this time is the UNSC Aegis Fate.
- Blue Delta, is the Aegis Fate wet navy?
- Negative, Dragon. She's currently listed as a XO asset - a frigate.
- Well we are less than a click from the target area, Blue Delta. We aint that desperate for help.
- Understood, Dragon X-Ray, give them hell out there and good luck.
- Aegis Fate is the frigate that floats over the Halo 3 map Sandtrap.
- On the first mission, Winter Contingency, scattered around the human structures can be found round shotcode-like QR- or bar-codes. Examples below.
- There are 3 variant codes, but each appear numerous times at differing rotations, in some cases paired with other letters/numbers/symbols.
- Below are a few instances I was able to locate (there are other duplicates accompanied by various letters and such)
Ringcode Variant 1
Ringcode Variant 2
Note that this variant contains variant 1's pattern, with some addition segments filled in.
Ringcode Variant 3
Ringcode Legendary Figurine
On the backside of the legendary edition Noble Monument figurine is a ringcode in the same format as those seen above. This ringcode may offer a little more insight into the structure of the ringcodes themselves, with a visible grid pattern in which segments are filled or empty.
Posters and decals
- Also scattered around the walls of Winter Contingency are large posters and round letter/dot decals. They may not serve a practical purpose, but they are documented here just in case.
- In the lower left of the HUD, there is a string of binary:
- This converted to decimal spells "Dave"
- At one point I noticed a fan grate that bore an eerily striking resemblance to the Chrysopteron, the glyph representing the Forerunner AI Adjutant Reflex.
2D Crate barcode
- On a closeup of the roundish tanks is a barcode with numbers barely visible.
- 20 279403050530
- Some repeated monitor textures include very low resolution text.
- In one level a fast food kiosk has menus on display:
Siege of Madrigal (and Never Surrender)
- Every Halo title from Bungie has a location where the tune Siege of Madrigal can be heard in the distance. Halo: Reach takes it to a new level. The easter egg can be found on the level New Alexandria. A hidden panel first activates Never Surrender, and a second panel elsewhere activates Siege of Madrigal. (source: HaloReachPlanet.com )
- Video (Spoiler):
- Video (Spoiler):