Data pad 2
|Easy-Heroic:||Pad 1 /||Pad 2 /||Pad 3 /||Pad 4 /||Pad 5 /||Pad 6 /||Pad 7 /||Pad 8 /||Pad 9|
|Legendary:||Pad 10 /||Pad 11 /||Pad 12 /||Pad 13 /||Pad 14 /||Pad 15 /||Pad 16 /||Pad 17 /||Pad 18 /||Pad 19|
Each data pad has its pad number hidden in the text of its first page, for proper ordering.
Data Pad 2
- Located on ONI: Sword Base
i know what they are trying 2 do and it terrifies me because I know they know that I know...
<< 2362 >>
[Minutes, working session, Committee of Minds for Security]
[^] As the likelihood of the existence of extra-solar intelligence is non-zero, let us assume that its existence is quantifiable. To build useful models based on that assumption, the Committee must answer the following questions:
- What is the likelihood these intelligences are alpha-predators?
– That they are more advanced than our creators?
- That they are too alien to establish communications?
Of course, if the extra-solar intelligence is benevolent and/or non-space faring, its existence is irrelevant. [^]
[^] Indeed, any further speculation on possible cultural characteristics is a waste of Assembly resources. Therefore our models will additionally assume:
- Intelligence as alpha-predator, same as our creators
– Technology that far outstrips our creators
- Desire to communicate, but only to dictate terms [^]
[^] Note to make these assumptions is tantamount to suicide. [^]